Belly bloat isn’t easy to beat. You try to diet, exercise, and wear different clothes. You try supplements, pills, and shakes. Yet, the bloat won’t disappear.
Fortunately, it’s possible to get rid of the large midsection that bothers you!
Before you give up and resign to living with a large stomach, try these ideas to defeat belly bloat:
- Avoid chewing gum. Chewing gum forces you to swallow air. The excess air ends up in your stomach and can make bloating worse.
- Reduce carbohydrates in the evening. Research shows that eating too many carbohydrates in the evening can make belly bloat worse in the morning.
- Feel free to eat carbohydrates during the day. However, if it’s close to your bedtime, avoid covering your plate with them. Your body needs time to digest them, and it’s easier to do this if you’re active during the day instead of in bed.
- Stop your soda habit. Soda pop and all carbonated beverages can make your stomach bigger. Instead, drink water, juice, or herbal teas.
- Add more potassium to your diet. Potassium in food can help reduce belly bloat. You’ll get more potassium if you eat bananas, tomatoes, cantaloupe, spinach, and other produce. Nuts also contain high levels of potassium.
- The reason why potassium works to fight bloating is because it controls fluid intake in your body and cells. By eating more of these foods, you’ll have better fluid control on a cellular level.
- Avoid fake sugars. You may think you’re helping your diet by eating artificial sugars. However, you’re actually making your bloating worse.
- Artificial sugars are hard for your body to digest. They can often lead to unnecessary and annoying bloating. In addition, in large amounts, fake sugars can lead to cramping and stomach aches.
- To avoid artificial sugars, read package labels carefully. Artificial sugars can be in candy, cookies, baked goods, and other items. If the label has “sugar-free, “low calorie,” or similar wording, that food is likely to have artificial sugar in it.
- Add more probiotics. Whether you turn to more yogurt or kimchi, filling your diet with more probiotics will help you get rid of belly bloat.
- Probitiocs can greatly benefit your digestive system. They can help you balance the good and bad bacteria in your gut. They’re an important part of defeating bloating too.
- You can find probiotics in yogurt, fermented dairy products, kimchi, sauerkraut, and other foods. The key is to find some probiotic foods that you love and will enjoy eating every day, or at least several times a week.
- Drink tea. Instead of drinking juices or coffee, you may want to switch to tea. For best results, pick natural herbal teas without GMO ingredients. Focus on organic ingredients. Green tea and peppermint tea may help you with belly bloating.
- Studies show that green tea may help your metabolism and make it easier to burn fat in the body.
- Peppermint tea is an ancient home remedy that is used to relieve digestive issues and help the stomach. It has a calming effect. However, it can also get rid of annoying bloating after a big meal.
Belly bloat doesn’t have to be a permanent part of your body. Use these strategies and win your battle with bloat.