Does it feel like you aren’t getting as much out of life as you want? Are you suffering from the doldrums, just going through the motions, day in, day out?
Learning to weigh your priorities can give you a new lease on life! Instead of taking things as they come, you’ll be able to add passion and excitement by focusing on what’s really important to you. You can make plans to create the life you desire and set those plans in motion.
Try these strategies to help you use your own priorities to get more out of life:
1. Assess how you’re spending your time. If it means writing down everything you do each day, do it. We all get the same 24 hours each day. How much of that time do you spend on things that are important to you?
- How much time do you spend watching TV, surfing the internet, or chatting on the phone? After each activity, what can you say you’ve accomplished?
- You’ll likely find that you spend a lot of your time doing things that offer you absolutely nothing. Be honest with yourself about those things and kick them out of your life today!
2. List the important things. If you take a moment, you’ll readily be able to come up with the things that are important to you. And remember, urgent things aren’t the same as important things. Consider the things you absolutely cannot do without.
- This list is most effective if it has five or less things. If it grows much longer, you’ll find that you start to add urgent things, or things that are important to others but not so much to you.
- Once the list is completed, commit to making time each day for these things.
- Is your relationship with your family important? Spend more time with them. Listen to their concerns and joys. Gain wisdom and fulfillment from those interactions.
3. Participate in physical activity regularly. Not only does exercise keep your body healthy, but it also keeps your mind active. An active mind can easily put aside idle activities. You’ll be surprised at how much your leisure activities change! Martial Arts Training is GREAT for this!
- The aim isn’t to become the next Bruce Lee. Instead, your goal is to get those happy hormones up and about, so your mind opens up to positive things.
- Pretty soon, you’ll lose interest in slouching on the couch or hitting the town every Friday night. You’ll want to replace those things with creative moments and experiences worth remembering.
4. Banish negative thinking. This is crucial for making your life more fulfilling. It’s time to clear your mind of negative thoughts, anger, and fear. Replace those emotions with thoughts of success and positive changes. Don’t know where to start to stay positive? Check out my new course Staying Positive. There are thing you can do to help you stay positive.
- Tell yourself that, as of today, all negative thoughts are banished from your mind. This includes thoughts about yourself and others around you.
- It’s virtually impossible to lead a fulfilling life if you’re harboring negative thoughts.
- As you clear your mind, you’ll soon experience wonderful ideas coming to the forefront of your thoughts. In no time, you’ll be producing more great ideas than you have time to process.
You have so much potential! You can get so much more out of your life by just making a few simple changes. Open yourself up to blessings and fulfillment. Decide today to give priority to what’s important to you. Everything else will fall into place.