Consider these aspects of your life:
- Finances. Think about where you want to be financially. Consider income, net worth, debt, savings, and investments. Are there new income streams you want to create? What are your future plans for spending? Do you want to purchase a house? A boat? An investment property?
- Health. What are your current health challenges? How much do you want to weigh? What type of diet do you want to follow? How fit do you want to be?
- Career. Where do you see yourself in five years? Where do you want to be working? What do you want to be doing? Do you need to go back to school? What is your dream job?
- Relationships. Are there any relationships you’d like to create or dissolve? Do you want to have children or more children?
- Personal Development. Do you want to learn to speak Spanish or to play the piano? Would you like to learn how to dance? What would you like to learn or to become? What skills do you need to acquire to make the most of the next five years?
- Adventure. What would you like to do? Climb a mountain? Go skydiving? See a volcano? What adventures would you like to experience over the next five years?
These strategies will help you to create a plan and execute it:
- Set goals. Create a few goals for each area of your life and set deadlines for each goal. Avoid just having long-term goals. It’s important to have shorter-term goals that lead up to your bigger goals.
- It’s hard to maintain focus on goals that require more than 10 weeks to reach. Break your goals down into smaller chunks.
- There’s a lot of material available on how to create habits. Educate yourself. It’s an incredibly valuable skill to have.