Of course, you want to have a wonderful life, but maybe you’re not sure how to make it happen. It’s not easy to admit that your life isn’t everything you’d like it to be.
A wonderful life will be different for everyone. Your vision of a perfect life will be different from someone else’s.
Avoid chasing after someone else’s dreams. Too many people are worried about being impressive rather than being happy.
A wonderful life is yours to create:
- Grow. One thing that makes us feel good about our lives and ourselves is progress. You might not be doing as well as your peers, but if you’re doing better than you were last month, you can feel pretty good about yourself and your situation. A little progress each month is all you need.
- Spend less than you make. It’s hard to enjoy life if you have financial problems. One of the best ways to have a healthy financial life is to spend less money than you make. It’s not complicated, but many people struggle with this. Avoid buying things you don’t need and make an effort to grow your income.
- Have an inspiring vision for the future. It’s important to have something to look forward to. Most of us are slogging through the day-to-day grind of life, but if there’s a light at the end of the tunnel, we can be pretty happy. What do you have to look forward to?
- Surround yourself with people you like. Spend all day with people you don’t like, and the value of this point will be readily apparent. Life is a little easier and happier if you can spend time each day with people you like.
- Make your health a priority. Most of us prioritize short-term comfort and pleasure too much to maximize our health. Build healthy habits and stick with them.
- Constantly improve your ability to add value. Your relevance to the world depends on your ability to add value. Each year you know more than you did the previous year. Put that to work for you. Focus on the amount of value you provide, and great things will happen.
- Be open minded. You’re going to be annoyed all of the time if you’re close minded. Open-minded people are happier, more enjoyable to be around, and get to experience more. You can’t have new experiences if you’re not open to them.
- Avoid debt. Debt is a happiness killer. Having a wonderful life and lot of debt would be a real challenge. Sooner or later, people want their money back! Focus on increasing your income and avoid buying those things you don’t need. If you do these two things, there are few reasons to borrow money.
- Choose your partner very carefully. Choosing the wrong spouse can be the biggest mistake you ever make in your quest to have a wonderful life. Take care to choose for the long-term! Avoid settling just because you might be lonely at the moment.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus. I know, I know… I wasn’t supposed to say that one. But it’s true. Now if you don’t believe in God or even that Jesus existed, I encourage you to read one of two books: The Case for Christ by Lee Stroble and “Evidence the Demands a Verdict” by Josh McDowell.
Decide on the type of life you want to have and begin to make it happen. Be brave enough to take responsibility for your happiness and live your life to the fullest.
If you have an questions or feel that we could help in any way please call us at 815-932-5425 or visit us on the web at TriStarKarate.com