You might not have your own jet, a Mercedes, or the body you had at age 18, but that doesn’t mean you don’t have plenty of things in your life to be thankful for. It’s easy to be frustrated by all the things you don’t have. The cure is to appreciate all the things you do have. And, you have a lot more than you think.
Follow these tips to remember how fortunate you are:
- When you first wake up. This is a perfect way to get your day off to a good start. Before you move a muscle, think about all the things in your life that are good. Consider your health, job, friends, family, and anything else that makes you feel grateful.
- When you shower. This is another good time to practice being thankful. It’s the perfect time to be grateful for the fact that you have fingers and toes. You have access to clean water. You can even be thankful that you have hot water.
- When you eat. Take advantage of this time to further develop the habit of thankfulness. Be thankful for your food, even if it doesn’t taste as good as you’d like. At least you have food! Many people in the world don’t.
- Be thankful for the people around you.
- Be thankful for the day’s events before your meal and what’s yet to come.
- Be thankful for your table and other furniture in your home.
- When you use the restroom. Instead of using the spare time to worry, use it to boost your mood by feeling thankful.
- When you look in the mirror. Take a good look at yourself and be thankful for what you have. You might not look like Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie, but you can be thankful for the parts of your body that work reasonably well.
- When you speak to someone. Each time you speak to someone, be thankful that you’re able to communicate with others. And be thankful for the other person. It would be pretty lonely if you were the only person on Earth.
- When you go to bed. End the day the same way you started, by being thankful. This is great way to end the day and will help you to have a good night of rest. By starting and ending your day this way, thankfulness will become your default attitude.
- Keep a journal. While thinking about and reminding yourself of all the wonderful things in your life is very effective, you can boost the effectiveness by writing in a journal each day.
- Spend just a few minutes each day listing the things that make you feel the most grateful. Add to the list every single day, and you’ll be amazed by how much better you feel.
Remember to be thankful each day, and you’ll spend more time smiling. Your life is better than you realize, and you have a lot to be thankful for. Make a habit of being thankful and keep a journal. A little bit of time spent on gratitude each day will have a lasting effect on your life.
If you have an questions or feel that we could help in any way please call us at 815-932-5425 or visit us on the web at TriStarKarate.com