As you go through life’s inevitable trials, you’ll benefit from knowing that you can reach within yourself and find confidence. Accessing your confidence helps you avoid feeling down or disheartened, no matter what happens. This will help you live the most contented life you can!
Are you unsure about how to tap in to your confidence?
Try these strategies:
1. Think about the 3 toughest things you’ve ever done in your life. You were successful in coming through those crises. By mentally exploring these events, you’ll learn about how you found your confidence in those instances. Now that’s knowledge you can use.
- Whenever you lack confidence, reflect on those tough times and the strategies you utilized to get through them.
- Feeling self-assured comes with knowing that you can make it through difficult times and emerge triumphant.
2. What are your most significant achievements? Take some moments to survey your life. Whether it’s teaching yourself how to take proper care of your lawn or reading the entire collection of Shakespeare, recognize that you’ve achieved all kinds of milestones.
- Then, reflect on your achievements and let yourself feel proud. Re-connect with the feelings of self-assurance you experienced at those times. Feel your confidence grow.
- Finally, allow yourself to look forward to a future filled with still more achievement.
3. Understand your mistakes. An important aspect of finding your confidence is examining what you’ve done in the past that you now see as a mistake. Thoroughly understanding your prior errors is integral to developing your sense of self-assuredness.
- Reviewing your mistakes allows you to say to yourself that you understand what happened and that you know now to approach those situations differently. Knowing what you did wrong and recognizing that you wouldn’t do it the same way again builds confidence.
- When you realize that you’ve gained some applicable knowledge, you also strengthen your confidence that you can meet any challenge in the future.
4. Find a role model. You probably know someone who you believe exhibits great confidence. Using them as a role model can be instrumental in finding your own confidence.
- What does your role model’s self-assurance look like? Does the person make eye contact when speaking to others? Can you see a comfortable ease with which he relates to others? Think about how the person you have in mind looks, acts, and talks.
- Perhaps your role model has a great sense of humor. The self-assured person isn’t afraid to admit he’s made a mistake. He may even gently laugh at himself for his errors.
- Now, try behaving like your role model. You truly can live your way into a new way of thinking. If you emulate the person whom you view as confident, you’ll be more likely to exude self-assurance yourself.
- Even when you’re experiencing a challenge and aren’t feeling too sure about yourself, try “faking it till you make it.” Use your knowledge about how confidence appears and behave that way. Soon after, you’ll begin to recognize and connect with your own true confidence.
Although you might not always feel self-assured, try some of these strategies to find your confidence when you need it. Before you know it, you’ll have tapped into your self-confidence, and others will be emulating you!
Did you know that taking Karate & Martial Arts increases confidence in the one who is doing it? Have you ever be interested in Karate and or Martial Arts Classes before? We have karate classes for men, women, and children. Click HERE <== to learn more about our programs and to get your 2 week free trial.