Who couldn’t use a little more self-confidence? Self-confidence can often be in short supply, but there are many ways you can get it back. When your self-confidence is lacking, take control of the situation and make yourself confident again. You can accomplish a lot more with self-confidence than you can without.
Once you know how to create confidence, you become a powerful person.
Self-confidence is yours for the taking:
- Make a short to-do list and accomplish it. Many experts advocate starting with the toughest task first, but if your self-confidence is in the basement, this might not be the best option. Try doing a few of the easier tasks first. Show yourself that you can be productive and successful.
- Each time you make a plan and execute it, you have more confidence in yourself. It doesn’t matter whether it’s following through on your plan to go to the gym or to clean out your sock drawer. Make a to-do list and get it done.
- Keep your biggest goals to yourself. Revealing your big goals to others can be enough to make you consider quitting. You’ll be on the receiving end of a lot of negative comments that will make you question yourself and your goals.
- Improve your posture. How you use your body affects how you feel. If you sit and stand tall, you’ll feel more confident. Think about someone you know that always seems to be confident. Notice how they move. Try to mimic their movements and posture. Notice how much more confident you feel.
- Movies can be a great source of inspiration. Think of a confident movie character and watch how they use their body. Practice standing, sitting, and moving the same way.
- List all your positive qualities. There are plenty of things you can admire about yourself. Even if you have to call your mom for inspiration, make a list of all your positive qualities. It won’t take long before you feel a little confidence welling up inside of you. Keep the list handy for future reference.
- List all your past accomplishments. Take a stroll down memory lane and relive your past accomplishments. It’s easy to feel confident when you recall those times you were at your best.
- Remove those things from your life you’ve been tolerating. We tolerate too much. Get the riff-raff out of your life. This includes people, items you no longer need, the rattling muffler on your car, and everything else that annoys you.
- Tell yourself that you deserve better and then make it happen.
- Do something you’re good at. What are you good at? Whatever it is, you feel better after doing it. Try to spend time each day doing something that you know you’re great at. Your self-confidence will increase.
- Exercise. Exercise provides more than just health benefits. It boosts your willpower, stamina, and self-belief. Exercise also reduces anxiety. All of these things can’t help but boost your self-confidence, too. It’s important to try to get at least a little exercise each day. Martial Arts is a great form of exercise.
It’s probably not possible to feel confident 100% of the time, but you can come a lot closer than you think. Even in challenging circumstances, you are the same. Self-confidence is always right there, you just have to see it. These simple actions are an easy way to find the self-confidence you’ve temporarily misplaced.
If you have an questions or feel that we could help in any way please call us at 815-932-5425 or visit us on the web at TriStarKarate.com