If you’re feeling a little lazy today, you’re not alone. If you feel a little lazy every day, you’re still not alone.
We’re designed to conserve energy as much as possible. We’re also designed to avoid stressful situations, so laziness is an effective strategy from an evolutionary standpoint. You can’t accidentally injure yourself if you’re just sitting around being lazy.
Unfortunately, as cozy as laziness can be, it’s not a very effective way to live in modern times. We have things to do, and laziness creates more challenges than it solves.
Beat laziness each day with these strategies:
- Get started. Getting started really is the most challenging part. Do whatever it takes to get yourself to do what you need to do for just five minutes. Set a timer for five minutes or tell yourself you can watch one YouTube video after you work for 10 minutes.
- Remove the most convenient distractions. Take your phone and stick it in the kitchen drawer. Unplug your router. Pull the plug on your cable box. Make it harder to switch from work to wasting time.
- Schedule lazy time. If you want to be lazy, be lazy. The catch is to schedule time to be lazy. Allow yourself to be as lazy as you want at an appropriate time. Make yourself earn the right to be lazy. You can look forward to it!
- See the end result. Visualize the end of the rainbow. How will you feel when you’re done with your work? Focus on that instead of focusing on how awful doing the work will feel. Hold a positive attitude regarding the work.
- A diet is easier to follow if you’re focused on how great you’re going to look instead of how unhappy you are that you can’t eat candy.
- Focusing on moving into a new house is more motivating than the act of saving money.
- One of the best forms of exercise is Martial Arts Classes. Have you ever thought about it before? If yes, then click here to get access to a free offer to see if it’s right for you.
- Writing a book is intimidating but writing a page or two is manageable. Cleaning the entire house can be overwhelming but cleaning a single room doesn’t seem so bad.
- This is great for peace of mind, too. It’s easy to overwhelm yourself if you contemplate all that you need to accomplish. Just handle one thing at a time.
It’s not always easy to determine if you’re feeling lazy or if you’re just procrastinating. Fortunately, the solution is the same. When you need to get things done, look to these ideas and try out a few. You’re bound to find something that works. Get started now!
If you ever have any questions about this or would like additional help, please don’t hesitate to contact me at TriStarKarate.com or you can call me at 815-932-5425