Even though you enjoy the friends you have, you may occasionally think about making some new ones. You probably already know that finding close, loyal confidantes can be difficult. But your life could change in many marvelous ways if you make some fascinating new friends.
Actively engage in these strategies to seek new friends:
1. Join a volunteer organization. One of the best ways to widen your pool of friends is to join a local club. Consider clubs like Kiwanis, Lions Club, the Masons, the Elks, or the Moose.
- Those who join volunteer organizations care about others and want to make a difference in the world.
- You can even bring more meaning to your life and become a better friend yourself.
2. Take up a new sport. Engaging in an unfamiliar physical activity that peaks your interest can lead you to others who like the same activity and can teach you about it.
3. Be open to meeting new people. On Friday nights when you’re out at a local restaurant, lounge, or club begin to notice others who approach your group to chat.
- Perhaps you’ve been around the relatives of your friends and thought they were interesting, but you haven’t attempted to get to know them. Maybe one of them would be a great new friend to have.
4. Meet other parents. Who knows, your next best friend may literally live around the corner from you. Maybe it’s that parent who picks up the kids at the mall after you’ve dropped them off.
- As a parent, making friends with other parents can provide you with helpful support as well as plenty of good times with someone with whom you have a lot in common.
5. Attend church or partake in another weekly ritual. If you go to church, you already have at least some connection to others who worship there. Plus, you share the same religious beliefs. Make an effort to get better acquainted with some of the adults at church.
- Additional Sunday actives where you can mingle with others are… have lunch at the same restaurant, hang out at the beach, or work out at a local health club.
6. Go to neighborhood parties. One of the best ways to connect with tons of people is by attending block parties. You’ll tend to be in a festive mood and open to chatting.
7. Volunteer at a charity or community event. Nothing will help you get to know people as quickly as working together in a booth at a community fair or gathering. You’ll likely meet many others who are helping with the event as well.
8. Take walks or go bike riding in your neighborhood. On your block, you may find your next best friend. When you’re active and engaged in fitness-related activities, you’ll likely encounter other individuals who are doing the same. Talk to others when you pass them, even if you’ve seen them a hundred times before.
- You can decide that today’s the day to make a new friend.
Plenty of activities exist that can assist you with making some new friends. Having an open mind and heart also goes a long way. Stay on the lookout for those who seem interesting to you. Finding more friends will surely enrich your life.