Try these strategies:1. Give compliments. When you feel compelled to criticize or judge someone, use your willpower to say something nice instead.
- You could even keep your compliment to yourself and simply think it. However, you’ll be surprised how much your relationships improve if you’re willing to speak your kindness aloud.
- Think about your positive attributes for a few minutes each day. Catch yourself when you start to speak negatively to yourself. Say something positive instead.
- Think carefully – what are your true intentions? What are you honestly trying to accomplish?
- Do you criticize yourself? Why? Imagine someone you cared about was in the same situation. What advice would you give them?
- Consider what makes you feel Is it music? Reading inspirational quotes? Remembering your favorite vacation? Making a list of things that fill you with gratitude?
- Start your day with positive thoughts and energy. Carry that feeling for as long as you can each day.
- In reality, everyone views the world differently, and your views aren’t any more correct than anyone else’s. If you think that everyone else should automatically see things through your perspective, you’re likely to be critical and miserable.