Some people go above and beyond to make your life better and more enjoyable. It’s only fair to show your gratitude to the people that do the most for you. There are many ways to show gratitude. The best ways to show appreciation depends on the person you feel the gratitude for. Your personal resources can also figure into the equation.
Ensure that the people in your life that go the extra mile know how much they mean to you.
Try these methods to show gratitude to those that deserve it:
1. Tell them. This might be the easiest way to let people know how much you appreciate them. Just tell them. Watch how much they appreciate the compliment.
2. Take them to do something they’ve always wanted to do. It might be waterskiing, a meal at the most exclusive restaurant in town, or a night spent sleeping under the stars. It will be something neither of you ever forget.
3. Give a small gift. Take the time to find something they’ll love, but don’t buy something so extravagant that they’ll feel uncomfortable. Tell them the gift is for being so wonderful.
4. Encourage them to do something new that frightens them. There’s no bigger favor you can do for someone than helping them move beyond a fear. It might be riding a horse, skydiving, or talking to an attractive stranger. You’ll be their hero.
5. Do something for them they hate to do themselves. You might wash their car, mow the grass, or wash the dishes.
6. Compliment them. Tell them how great they are at playing cards, choosing their wardrobe, or dancing. Everyone enjoys a sincere compliment.
7. Give your favorite waitress a bigger tip than usual. Tell her how much you appreciate her service. A big tip is the best gift you can give a server.
8. Send a letter. Aside from bills or advertising, no one gets real mail anymore unless it’s their birthday or Christmas. Surprise them by sending a letter through the mail. Tell them how much you appreciate them.
9. Give a donation in their name to a worthy cause. Find a charity that the object of your gratitude feels a strong connection to and make a donation in their name. Send them a quick note to let them know about it.
10. Help their child or partner. Is there something you can do for someone else in the other person’s life? How could you help someone that’s important to them?
11. Use social media. Make an announcement to your friends and followers on your social media accounts. Let them know how great your friend is and how much you appreciate them. Get everyone in on the action.
12. Be a good listener. Pay extra close attention to what your friend is saying when they speak to you. You have no idea how much people appreciate it when you focus all of your energy on them and give them your full attention.
13. Buy them lunch. There’s something about not having to pay for lunch that makes the rest of the day seem so much better. Either take them to their favorite place or try someplace new.
Be gracious when the situation calls for it. Take a little time to show gratitude to those people that deserve it. They’ll enjoy the recognition, and you’ll feel good about yourself for making the effort. There are never enough people on your side, so value those that are pulling for you.