About Mr. Brumitt
Karate Master Duane Brumitt is an enthusiastic, high energy person. He is articulate, enthusiastic, and has a knack for simplifying his concepts. Duane is a Martial Art Master, consultant, and lecturer. He is frequently called upon to speak on a variety of topics, both in and out of the Martial Art industry.
Many years ago, Master Brumitt began to observe that learning Martial Arts would sometimes develop high self-esteem skills: self-confidence, self-discipline, courage, and persistence.
At that time, this improvement seemed to happen accidentally, rather than by design. Soon after, Master Brumitt began to ask the question, “What if we made these vital self-esteem skills the goal of the Martial Art instruction? Over the next few years, Master Brumitt refined and improved his strategies and developed a system of teaching these strategies to Martial Art teachers.
Since then, Duane Brumitt’s work in the area of Martial Art instruction has helped Hundreds of people live empowered lives.
- Duane is the co-founder and owner the county’s largest Martial Art school, “Duane Brumitt’s Tri-Star Martial Arts Academy,” in Bradley, Illinois.
- He was elected to the Christian Martial Arts Association’s Board of Directors and the “Children’s Program Director in 1999.
- He was elected Vice President of the Christian Martial Arts Association’s Board of Directors in 2003.
- Duane has been the subject of numerous newspaper and magazine articles.
- He holds a 5th Degree Black Belt in the Korean art of Tang Soo Do
- He also is a Tactical Master Instructor for the CDT, Inc. for personal safety instruction and child safety instruction. He has also had the privilege of teaching the United States Federal Marshels.
- He and his wife, Debbie, have been married since 2002. They have three children, Taylor age 20, Drew age 16 one of his 1st degree black belts, and Keegan age 7. Plus he has a 7 month old grand daughter Avery
- The Brumitt’s are active in their church and in community affairs.
- Duane is also a Sunday school teacher at the church he attends.
- He was the guest speaker for all the Home Run Against Drugs programs taught to 2nd and 3rd graders in our community through 2002-2005.
- Today, Master Brumitt spends his time teaching is staff, students and speaking to all the area schools about the ability of being what he calls a number “10”, and Martial Art demonstrations that teach young people about respect for law and order and avoiding drug and alcohol use, Master Brumitt strives to empower parents to raise the self-esteem of their children!